We asked current players and coaches for the Top 5 songs on their Ipod playlists and here are a few of their answers:
JV Coach Will Carter
7. Juicy (Biggie) "In my opinion the song that held down the hip hop era in my time, basically brought up to this style of music."
6. All I see (A+) "One of those one hit wonders that became my favorite song when I was in high school. Used to listen to it to and from basketball games as a senior."
5. What we do (Freeway) "Song that just reminds me where I came from and where I want to be."
4. Step in the name of love/remix (R. Kelly) "Just makes you wanna step and dance, it's really a song that molds together old and new R&B."
3. I need a girl (P.Diddy/Usher) "One of those groove songs that makes you wanna dance, yo call me puff...lol"
2. I gotta be" (Jagged Edge) "Cause I love old school R & B and that was my favorite group and favorite song from them."
1. Guess who's back (Jay Z) "Gets me hyped up for anything, my favorite song."
Senior Guard Eric Barefield
5. I make it rain (Lil Wayne/Fat Joe) "This song is hot and it is deff a good hype song before a game."
4.Incomplete (Dru Hill) "This is a hot hit, and it just is one of my favorite slow jams."
3.Yo (Chris Brown) "This my song right here, you just sit back and chill and listen to c.brown do his thing, and the biddies like it."
2.Mona Lisa (Peddi Crakk) "I like this song cuz it is one of my favorite songs to get me pumped up before a game. We used to listen to this song before almost every game last year and everyone would dance to it."
1.Full effect (Young Gunz and Free Way) "It gets me hype before a game."
Aces alumnus and hip-hop legend/sneaker guru/all-around cool dude Bobbito Garcia '83 became the first Latino broadcaster in New York Knicks history when he appeared as a sideline reporter in the Knicks game against Washington on November 15. Garcia, editor and founder of Bounce Magazine and host of ESPN's "It's Gotta Be the Shoes," will remain in his post for the duration of the season and you know he will be sporting the sickest kicks in all of sports broadcasting.
Did You Know? The 2nd leading scorer of all time at Lower Merion is an alumna -- Sarah Lowe '02 tallied more than 1,600 points in her career and went on to play as a four-year starter at University of Florida. Sarah will serve as the Aces girls JV head coach this season before heading off on a Fulbright scholarship to study abroad. She is also running a community basketball program for girls in West Philadelphia.